1.08.2005

Mini-Mani ? Mini-Me?

I had some time to kill today before my haircut, so I decided to treat myself to a mini manicure. (For once my nails were looking respectable so I'm trying to keep 'em in shape). Trouble is, mini-manicures are hard to find in Charlotte. When I lived in the Big Apple, I could get a mini-mani everywhere (sometimes a mini-mani and pedi). In the City, they're quick and cheap, maybe ten dollars. But in Charlotte, manicures are upwards of 15 bucks. Today I decided to put my foot down. Well, better make that my hand down. I told the girl in the walk-in salon that I just wanted a polish change. No parrafin wax, no sugar scrubs, no frills, you get the point. She followed my instructions and gave me an $8 polish change. I gave her a $2 tip. Exactly what the doctor ordered.

Top Shelf Recommendation:
If you have coarse hair or thick hair and it's feeling a little dry, try Aveda's Cherry Almond Bark conditioner. It will do the trick. Use two to three times a week, based on hair type.

No comments: