1.05.2005

Follow-up

Yesterday I was talking about the wonders of mascara. I meant to mention one that I really like that I bought during Christmas. It's called Illusionist, by Estee Lauder. I use 01 (black) . Illusionist is a curling mascara, but I like it because it's got a great wand brush. I find I get clean lashes with a nice tint. No glob, goo or mess. (By the way ... it's a good idea to buy new mascara every 3 months or so. You want to avoid bacteria growth. And don't share mascara either, except in dire emergencies!)

On a different note, I keep having these wedding nightmares. I'm slightly concerned because the wedding is already over, like two months ago. Anyway, last night I dreamt that my incredible make-up artist Gayle York showed up late to do my bridal make-up. Weird dream. It was very stressful. I felt like I couldn't breathe. But Brides-to-be -- I promise that Gayle will never be late. She is talented and prompt.

Now, to conclude ... I must quote my wonderful friend Erica.
She had a less than perfect experience at Sephora looking for a tinted moisturizer. In her email to me she said:
"Anyway, my summary of that experience is never to take beauty advice from a girl that looks like a male clown."

Ain't that the truth! Have you ever been at a make-up counter and thought, "Why am I asking this person for advice." The beautybabe never understands why women at make-up counters don't look better. How hard is it to look pretty when you have the world of products at your fingertips?

My brother's girlfriend Kelly says that when she worked at MAC the customers would come to her because she was the only girl that looked normal (i.e. no goth) .

Top Shelf Recommendation:
Looking for a good tinted moisturizer? Try Laura Mercier's. I love it. I've used it in "sand" for a long time. I got my cousin to use it, too. My only advice - in the winter you made need to mix it with a little moisturizer as it's very light. But I hear it's what the pros call a "layering product."

No comments: