3.11.2005

For My Friend Leigh

I am not going to divulge her itsy bitsy problem, but my friend Leigh says she needs a new shampoo. She's called on the beautybabe for advice. I've made two suggestions: baby shampoo or Bumble and Bumble Hair Tonic. You can buy Bumble and Bumble online if you can't find it in the Queen City. But here's a third option -- wash hair infrequently. When you hair is coarse you don't need to wash it daily. I wash mine about three days a week. But I realize that not everyone has dry hair. Anyway, Leigh, you're beautiful with or without the special shampoo. Just keep smiling that pretty smile of yours.


Top Shelf Recommendation: C.O. Bigelow hand cream -- Quince. Amazing stuff. Available at Bath and Body Works. Try the purse size. Absorbs quickly and leaves a trace of a light scent. Does anyone know what a quince is?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

quince is rumored to be the "forbidden fruit" and is a combination of apple and pear, I believe...it has a really thick outer skin so its good at retaining moisture, i.e. why it makes a good hand cream!

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I'm a big fan of Bumble and Bumble Shampoo. I use their "Gentle" shampoo and "Super Rich" conditioner. Smells fresh and slightly cucumber-y and makes my hair soft and shiny after I use it. A bit spendy but I think shampoos are always worth the splurge. Good luck.