12.27.2004

Hard as Nails, Not!

Have you ever wondered why some people are blessed with perfect fingernail beds and other people have rotten nails? Yep, the beautybabe's nails suck. They grow wide not long and they break easily. Seems to run in the family (that, along with weak stomachs and oh, never mind.) My mom's long time manicurist assured me they would get better as I got older. But that never seemed to happen. I've tried many products to make my nails look better. I'll be honest. Nothing makes them grow long -- but some polishes make them stronger. I guess that's a compromise I'm willing to make. They'll never look like Streisand's, but at least they won't break as much or catch on things.

Top Shelf Recommendation:
Mystic Nails - available at many super drugstores like Harmon Drugs in New Jersey.
p.s. Harmon execs -- if you are reading this ... please come to North Carolina and rescue me from my Harmon withdrawl. We need you in the South.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Beautybabe,

What lotion do you recommend for super-dry skin. I'm used to humid weather, and the Chicago cold is doing quite a number on my hands and legs. I'm looking for something not too pricey or smelly. Any advice?

Your loyal reader,
JLP