1.15.2009

Brighten Up! Jaime's Triple Threat!



It's no secret that winter is rough on the skin.


Dry heat robs the skin of its moisture - just strips it. I don't know why we overheat our buildings, but it seems that most places are a bit warmer than they need to be.


Yesterday I was at a NYC diner and I thought I was going to melt away.


I can't do much about the dry heat or the bitter cold weather. But I can offer some tips on how to keep your skin looking fresh.

Here's my recipe  for success:

1. Wash face with everyday cleanser.
2. Use an effective scrub/mask. I like Prescriptives' Instant Gratification because it exfoliates and helps to resurface the skin. Let it sit on the skin for 5 minutes before rinsing off.
3. Next, apply a hydrating mask like Kiehl's Brightening Botanical Hydrating Mask. This mask is lightweight, soothing and very moisturizing. It contains Vitamin C, and white flower extracts and is alcohol-free. I like that it rinses off easily.
4. Finish with moisturizer. I am enjoying Clinique's Moisture Surge. This is a gel-like moisturizer that absorbs very quickly. Leaves skin feeling refreshed.

No comments: