1.15.2005

Yogurt Facials

I was reading Shape magazine the other day and someone wrote in about how they use yogurt to give themselves a facial. I keep a lot of plain yogurt on hand because I like to mix it with raspberries and other things for breakfast or for a snack. So I figured, why not? I covered my face with plain yogurt for about 15 minutes and rinsed it off. My face felt refreshed and smooth. Also, I was concerned the yogurt could irritate my skin but it did not. I would definitely do this again. It's a cheap way to give yourself a boost and a mini-facial. I kind of just spooned the yogurt on to my face and let it dry. It dries quickly.


Top Shelf Recommendation:
Dannon plain (non-fat?) yogurt. Pat it on your face and let it dry. Rinse clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking about cuticles; mine are dry, too and since I am always picking at them, I keep a jar of Vaseline on my nightstand and religiously rub it in before turning out the lights-(good for the toes, too!)I put the remainder on my lips, too. I wake up every morning with soft clean, healed nail beds and unchapped lips. Here's some advice, do this last or all of your reading glasses will be smudged and your novel's will all have greasy stains. My manicurist says use oil; but doesn't everyone keep a jar of Vaseline on their nightstands, anyway? I even have my hubby using it to take the rough out of his nails!